In response to the latest update from Volleyball BC on March 16, 2020, all Thunder practices have been cancelled until further notice and will continue to follow the recommendations outlined by health officials and Volleyball BC regarding practice and tournament participation.
Please visit the Volleyball BC website for up-to-date information regarding tournament cancellations. Yesterday’s Volleyball BC update is posted below:
COVID-19 (CORONOVIRUS) UPDATE from Volleyball bc
Updated March 16 @ 2:00 PM PDT
The health and safety of our volleyball community is – and will always be – our primary concern.
Today’s announcements by the provincial and federal governments highlight the need for everyone to play an increased part in slowing the spread of COVID-19.
Effective immediately, Volleyball BC will be suspending events, programs and activities.
A full list of cancellations and postponements can be found below. We will assess the situation and information as it becomes available and will continue to update the website.
The Harry Jerome Sport Centre will be closed to the public until week of April 6, at which point we will further evaluate the situation.
Volleyball BC believes that we – and our clubs and teams included – have a social responsibility to take proactive measures. We strongly recommend that all of our members follow public health guidelines and that volleyball activities cease immediately to limit potential exposure and spread of the virus.
We will continue to monitor all appropriate medical and public safety advice, and we will encourage our members to take all reasonable precautions. Our goal is to resume play as soon as it is appropriate and prudent. Until then, we thank you, our members and your families, for your patience and hope you stay healthy.
VOLLEYBALL BC – YOUTH CLUB EVENTS
- March 16-19 – Spring Break Camps – CANCELLED
- March 21-22 – Team BC Training Camp #3 – Delta – CANCELLED
- March 28/29 – 16U Girls A Super Series – Langley – CANCELLED
- March 28/29 – -16U Boys Super Series – Victoria – CANCELLED
- March 28/29 – 13-16U Boys Super Series – Victoria – CANCELLED
- March 28/29 – 17-18U Boys Super Series – Langley – CANCELLED
- March 28/29 – 17-18U Girls Super Series – Kelowna – CANCELLED
- March 28/29 – Development Coach Workshop – Fraser Valley – CANCELLED
- April 4/5 – Advanced Development Coach Workshop – Fraser Valley – CANCELLED
- April 4/5 and 10-13 – ALL Regional Championships – various locations – CANCELLED
- April 4/5 – 15U Girls Tournament – Langley and Burnaby – CANCELLED
- April 4/5 – 16U Girls Tournament – Victoria and Nanaimo – CANCELLED
- April 10-13 – Island Championships – Vancouver Island – CANCELLED
At this point in time, we have not cancelled the Indoor Provincial Championships. We will continue to assess the situation and will make a decision by week of April 6, 2020.