Thunder Volleyball Club is committed to ensuring that all players have the opportunity to participate in a safe and welcoming environment that is encouraging and promotes their overall development. Parents have an enormous influence over their child’s experiences in the sport.
In this code “parents” shall refer to “parents and guardians”. This code applies to all parents that are a member of Thunder Volleyball Club or whose child is a member/player of Thunder Volleyball Club.
Parents shall abide by this code at all times while participating in any Thunder Volleyball Club competition, practice or other club activity.
- All parents are expected to conduct themselves in a responsible manner consistent with the values of fair play, integrity, open communication and mutual respect.
- Parents shall always model positive and responsible behavior, and communicate with their son/daughter that they expect them to do the same. Parents will assume the major responsibility for their son/daughter’s conduct and attitude.
- Parents shall treat all individuals and property with dignity, courtesy, and respect, including but not limited to other players, coaches, officials, volunteers, other parents, and all other individuals that are part of the club.
- Parents shall refrain from any behaviour, or comments, which are profane, insulting, harassing, sexist, racist, abusive, disrespectful or otherwise offensive without hostility or violence.
- Parents shall emphasize the importance of values like sportsmanship, respect, cooperation, competition and teamwork to their son/daughter offering praise for fair play, participation, and skill development.
- Parents shall instill confidence in their son/daughter’s ability and skill development, always avoiding comparisons with other players.
- Parents shall celebrate the acquisition of skills and goals achieved by their son/daughter.
- Parents shall respect the coach and understand that the coach is responsible for the skill development of the athlete. A Parent’s role shall be to take a healthy interest in their child’s progress and development and be responsible for the child’s nutrition, rest, overall health, and moral and emotional support.
- Parents shall ensure their son/daughter is on time to, and appropriately dressed for, practices, competitions and other club events.
- Parents shall never provide alcohol or drugs to minors in a Thunder Club Volleyball environment, and Parents shall never provide or advocate the use of performance enhancing drugs or substances.
- Parents shall openly support and uphold this Code of Conduct policy and take action and steps to ensure other Parents follow and uphold this code of conduct policy.
- Parents shall adhere to the policies, procedures, rules, standards, and ethics of Thunder Volleyball Club at all times.
- Parents must address any team or individual concerns according to the Thunder Volleyball Club Conflict and Resolution process.