The Thunder Club Raffle supports Thunder Volleyball programs. Every year, coaches, staff and parents volunteer endless hours of their time to train, support and inspire our athletes. Thunder Volleyball Club is continually striving to enhance the experience for coaches and athletes. Through fundraising, the club can offer additional training to coaches and support coaches’ honorariums to help pay for tournament travel expenses. These funds also help to cover club administrative expenses.
Expectations for Thunder Raffle Ticket Sellers
- Each family with a player on a Thunder Club team for 2019 has been assigned a booklet(s) to sell.
Tickets are $5 each and we can only accept cash payments.
- All tickets must be sold by no later than Sunday, January 20th. Every raffle ticket assigned to you must be accounted for so please ensure that all ticket stubs and cash are returned the week of Monday, January 21st-Thursday, January 24th.
- Please ensure that all of the completed ticket stubs (please keep stubs stapled in the booklets; do not detach) and cash is returned in the envelope provided.
Raffle Draw – Friday, February 8th, 2019
The Thunder Raffle draw will take place at Thunder Struck on Friday, February 8th when the UBC Thunderbirds take on the Winnipeg Wesmen. Game start is 6pm at War Memorial Gym, UBC.
Thunder Struck is UBC’s annual event highlighting women in sports to celebrate and acknowledge their achievements as well as to remind ourselves of the ongoing dialogue of gender equality in the competitive sports community.
Raffle Prizes (see raffle booklet for details):
- 1st Prize: $1000 Travel Gift Card from North South Travel
- 2nd Prize: $750 Cash Prize
- 3rd Prize: $400 UBC Prize Pack
- 4th Prize: $250 Lululemon Prize Pack
- 5th Prize: $100 Mahoney and Sons Restaurant Gift Card
Should you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for supporting Thunder Volleyball Club!